Welcome to the University of Chicago
The full event schedule for Convocation weekend can be found on the main 532nd Convocation page.
The 532nd Convocation will take place June 15, 2019 and will be located on the Main Quadrangles of the University of Chicago campus. Please note that the ceremony is located outdoors and will take place rain or shine.
The Main Quadrangles will be accessible beginning at 7:00 a.m., with entry gates located on Ellis Avenue between East 57th and East 59th Streets. Tickets are not required for the university-wide morning ceremony. Seating is first-come, first-served, so please plan to arrive early for for best seating.
Tickets are not required for the university-wide 532nd Convocation morning ceremony on Saturday, June 15, though they may be required for individual division and school ceremonies. Please refer to the event listing which can be found on the main 532nd Convocation page.
Guest Seating and Accommodations
Accommodations for Guests
Accessible seating is available for guests with disabilities and up to two (2) companions. This seating area is designated for individuals using wheelchairs, persons with limited mobility, and guests with visual or hearing impairments. The Accessibility and Accommodations Request Form will be available in January 2019.
The University of Chicago does not supply wheelchairs for Convocation ceremonies. We can offer reserved seating closest to the handicap entrance for your guest.
If you have additional questions regarding Accessibility and Accommodations, please contact the convocation staff by emailing email@example.com. In your message, please clearly indicate whether your needs are for the 532nd Convocation on Saturday morning, a smaller division or school ceremony, or both.
Indoor Seating and Alternative Viewing
Guests who prefer an indoor location may view a live broadcast of the ceremony in Kent Auditorium, located within the Main Quadrangles. Seating is limited. The 2019 University Convocation ceremony will be broadcast via the University’s website at news.uchicago.edu/webcasts.
As a courtesy to candidates, families, and friends, please note the following:
- All bags are subject to inspection before entering the Main Quadrangles. Items that may disrupt other guests from seeing or hearing the ceremony are not permitted inside the Main Quadrangles.
- Refrain from smoking anywhere on the Main Quadrangles. A designated smoking area will be located near the main entrance to the Main Quadrangles, located next to the University Bookstore.
- Refrain from loud conversation during the ceremony.
- Refrain from bringing pets; service animals are permitted.
- In the event of severe weather, please refer to the details shared by the University Marshal, or check the Convocation website for up-to-date information.
- Complimentary water will be available all day at a number of stations throughout the Main Quadrangles. Guests are encouraged to bring a reusable bottle to use throughout the day.
- Large video screens will be placed throughout the Main Quadrangles to provide optimal viewing of the 532nd Convocation.
- Arrangements for complimentary lunch vary by school and division and will be communicated to the candidates along with other information about Convocation.
Lost and Found
If you believe you left a personal item on campus and would like to inquire about lost and found, please email the convocation team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Items will be kept for 90 days before they are donated.